Workers' Compensation Insurance
Most states require businesses to have workers’ compensation insurance. And for a good reason – it provides important coverage for both employers and employees.
Workers compensation insurance covers workers injured on the job, whether they're hurt on the workplace premises or elsewhere, or in auto accidents while on business.
This insurance also protects employers from lawsuits resulting from workplace accidents.
While plans do vary between states, workers’ comp insurance generally covers the following:
- Medical treatment for injured employees (i.e. broken arm)
- Occupational hazards such as disease exposure (i.e. emphysema)
- Employers liability (damages to a 3rd party where employer is liable for an injury)
- Temporary disability (up to 2/3 of average weekly wage)
- Permanent impairment (i.e. loss of finger)
- Total disability (usually paid in a lump sum)
- Death benefit (paid to survivor dependents)
Our team can design a workers’ comp insurance program that may help you reduce costs. We’ll analyze your loss data to identify the causes that may be eliminated. And we can help you identify safety measures to reduce your future risks.